WHAT & HOW
Waxing is a non-permanent hair removal method that removes hair from the root using a soft wax or hard wax. A thin layer of wax is spread over the skin, and a cloth strip is pressed on top and ripped off in a quick action against the direction of hair growth. Using hard wax, the semi-harden strip of wax is ripped off in a swift motion against the direction of hair growth.
WHY WAX WITH STRIP?
WAXPERT TRAINING BOOTCAMP
All our Waxperts go through a strict boot camp consisting of 8 weeks of vigorous training before servicing their first customer.
EXCLUSIVE FORMULATED WAX
Our proprietary Strip Berry Chocolate Wax & Strawberry Virgin Wax was born from a customised wax formula targeted at reducing pain levels, and tackling sensitive areas to minimise discomfort.
THE IMPORTANT FACTORS FOR A GOOD WAX
Strip’s Hygiene factor guarantees a no ‘double-dipping’ policy with individually sealed and disposable hygiene packs used for each treatment. The Speed of our Waxperts displays their skill, precision and experience. The Quality of our customised wax and post-treatment care products will ensure that you get an excellent treatment without any skin inflammation and infections.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS A BRAZILIAN OR BOYZILIAN WAX?
A Brazilian Wax is the depilation of all hair from the pubic region, both front and back (including the vagina, perineum and anus).
A Boyzilian Wax is the male variant of Brazilian Wax. It involves the depilation of all hair from the pubic region, both front and back (including the scrotum, penis, perineum and anus).
What you should know about your first FIRST BIKINI OR BRAZILIAN WAX treatment:
Thinner Hairs: When your hair does grow back after waxing, it will grow back weaker, making it finer, softer and sparser.
Smoother Skin: Because you are removing hair from the root and exfoliating the skin, after a wax, your skin is getting smoother every day
Skin Health: Not only does waxing remove hair, but it’s also a physical exfoliation that removes lifeless surface skin cells, which means you’re receiving hair removal and skincare all in one.
Less Irritation: Epilation and hair removal creams can irritate your skin. However, waxing rarely causes this problem if it’s done by a licensed professional.
Longer-lasting results: Since your hair is being removed by the root, it will take much longer to grow back than with shaving.
HOW LONG DOES A BRAZILIAN OR BOYZILIAN WAX TAKE?
A Brazilian Wax takes approximately 30 minutes while a Boyzilian Wax takes around 45 minutes.
HOW OFTEN CAN I GET A WAX?
6mm is the ideal hair length for a wax. Most people will get a wax about 4 to 6 weeks after their last treatment.
CAN I GET A BRAZILIAN WAX IF I AM PREGNANT?
It is best to consult your gynaecologist before your treatment, but it is generally safe to have a Brazilian wax after your first trimester.
WHAT BODY AREAS CAN BE TREATED?
Almost any area of the body: leg, bikini line, back, underarms, arms and face.
DOS AND DON’TS OF BIKINI WAXING
– Relax. Breathe. Find your special place. Think about an awesome meal you had. Pretend you’re on a beach with your favorite celeb. The more relaxed you are, the better the waxing experience will be.
– Inform your Wax Specialist of any medications you are taking, such as antibiotics, Accutane, or topical creams you’re using, such as Retin-A, which may not be compatible with waxing.
Wear comfortable cotton panties to avoid irritation if it’s your first time receiving a bikini wax. They don’t have to be cute, but hey, it couldn’t hurt.
– Tan the area you plan to wax 24 to 48 hours before the reservation.
– Consume alcohol or significant amounts of caffeine before your reservation. Both can cause your pores to tighten, resulting in a more uncomfortable experience. Save the partying for afterwards.
– Use any numbing creams. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they do not penetrate the skin deep enough to be effective.
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH CONDITIONS THAT I NEED TO DISCLOSE WHEN MAKING AN APPOINTMENT?
Yes, please inform our Customer Relations Officers if you have any of the following conditions:
– Have consumed or applied Accutane, Roaccutane, Retin A, Vitamin B or AHA within the past 6 months
– Have your period
– Have sunburned, windburned, dry, chapped, irritated or broken skin or any open wounds on treatment area
– Have sores, warts, ulcers, moles, birthmarks or any tattoo on treatment area
– Had Radiation treatment (e.g.: UV Sun tanning), electrolysis or excess sunbathing within the past 6 months.
– Had excess sunbathing within the past week
– Had a surgical procedure in the past months
– Pregnant or breastfeeding
– Gave birth by natural delivery in the past 3 months, or had a caesarian delivery in the last 6 months
TYPES OF BIKINI AND BRAZILIAN WAXES
is a basic tidying; we wax the sides (called your panty line) and across the top. If you’re wearing a bikini, this will prevent any hairs from “peeking out”.
is the next step and allows you to take off as much or as little hair as you like from the front. If you want to leave a small “strip”, triangle, square, or nothing at all, it’s up to you.
goes from the front, all the way to the back with an added butt strip. This is perfect for a completely nude look or you can leave a neat triangle, strip, or square on the front. Choose the style that best fits you.
HOW TO TREAT POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS?
REDNESS AFTER WAXING
This will disappear over time. Your skin may turn red from a few minutes to a few days depending on your skin sensitivity and how your skin handles the wax.
ITCHING AFTER WAXING
We know it’s going to be tempting but try really, really hard not to scratch those freshly waxed areas. Because the skin will be new and sensitive, you must be careful not to cause further irritation by scratching. Try to help soothe the area by using an aloe vera gel or our Ingrown Hair Cream to help soothe the skin.
BUMPS AFTER WAXING
Some bumps are a result of post-wax irritation and will go away on their own within a few hours to a few days. To help calm your skin, you can use our Ingrown Hair Cream to help soothe and treat any ingrown hairs, bumps or breakouts.
STUBBLE AFTER WAXING
If you’ve just gotten waxed and are already seeing a “5 o’clock shadow”, just know that our hairs grow in different cycles. It’s possible that the hairs just below the skin’s surface have sprouted after your wax service, resulting in a stubbly feel. Moisturizing daily between services is a must; dry or brittle hair can easily break during a wax service. But don’t worry, just go with the flow – allow these hairs to grow so we can remove them next time we see you.
INGROWN HAIRS AFTER WAXING
To prevent ingrown hairs or further skin irritation, we recommend that you use both our Smooth Me Ingrown Hair Serum and Smooth Me Ingrown Hair Wipes. The serum is infused with our Comfort Blend™ and antioxidants to help prevent and clear ingrown hairs and breakouts as well as calm and nourish the skin. Our Smooth Me Ingrown Hair Wipes are formulated with alpha and beta hydroxy acids and our Comfort Blend ™ to help clear and prevent bumps and ingrown hairs as well have helped to slow the regrowth of hair between waxes.
WHAT IS THE POST TREATMENT CARE?
For the next 24 hours:
– No hot baths
– No swimming or sunbathing
– No heat or UV treatments like sun beds or saunas
– No tight clothing
– No application of perfumed products including deodorant, antiperspirant, self-tanner or makeup on the treated area
– No scrubbing or rubbing of the treated area (unless you want a bacteria infection)
– No intensive exercise
– No shaving before or after your waxing treatment
– Do apply Ingrown Hair Cream to prevent & treat ingrown hair, 24 hours after your wax, once a day for 2 weeks
– Do exfoliate every 4 – 7 days, 3 days after your waxing treatment